Processor technical group
The processor technical group concentrates on technical and certification issues with five key objectives:
- to represent the technical interests of all processor licensees
- to bring technical issues related to processor certification to Soil Association Certification
- to act as a route to inform and consult our processor licensees on technical issues
- to refer matters for debate at the Soil Association Council, Standards Board and Organic Trade Group
- to interface with other organisations to represent the interests of Soil Association licensees
It is attended by a diverse range of companies (dairy, meat, confectionery, wholesaling, importing, baby foods, fresh produce, box schemes and beverages) and is an excellent opportunity to raise and discuss current issues that affect organic processors and importers. The group discuss topics such as regulation and standard changes, news from Defra and specific technical issues or difficulties faced by processors.
This group of industry experts meets 3 times a year in Bristol is run by our technical manager Rachel Harrison.
We are always delighted to welcome new members. If you are interested in joining the group email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 314 5125.