Crazy Jack Organic
For its Soft Apricots
Our judges said, "Nice texture."
Rich and deeply delicious, Crazy Jack Organic Soft Apricots are dried under the hot sun and partially rehydrated for a delightfully soft, ready to eat dried fruit. Free from sulphur dioxide which affects colour and taste, the result is a satisfyingly sweet, intense flavour and a lovely naturally dark colour.
Crazy Jack Organic is a range of over 120 top quality pure organic, dried fruits, nuts, pulses, seeds, rice and snacks. This range reflects all the years of experience Crazy Jack have put into sourcing products and encouraging the development of organic production.
Community Foods Ltd, who run the Crazy Jack Organic brand, have been recruiting farmers to organic farming in Turkey for over 25 years through their membership of the Good Food Foundation. Community Foods helps to underwrite the farmers risk of going organic by making a commitment to buy their organic produce.
Community Foods understand that organic farming relies on a progressive, comprehensive system based on increased understanding of the environment and how best to work to ensure a sustainable future. Their work with apricot farmers in the Euphrates valley, near Malatya in Turkey demonstrates this where they have implemented a drip feed irrigation to reduce both water loss and the impact on natural water resources.
To find out more visit www.crazyjack.co.uk
Apricot crumble squares
- 300g self-raising whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp Crazy Jack Organic Cinnamon
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 400g Crazy Jack Organic Apricots
- 100g oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 200g soft butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp milk
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and line a 22cm x 22cm tin.
- Place flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl.
- Rub the butter into the mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Remove half the mixture and set aside.
- Add the egg and milk to the other half and spread in the tin.
- Chop the apricots very finely (use a food processor if possible) and add the orange zest.
- Spread over the base mixture and top with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden. Cool before cutting.
Gold winners in the Store Cupboard Staples category
to a 100% renewable electricity company who also supports sustainable, organic food and farming. For each person who switches Good Energy pay £50 to the Soil Association.goodenergy.co.uk/sa-members