Catering Mark consultations: have your say
19 December 2012
We are consulting on three areas of the Food for Life Catering Mark standards
1) Free range eggs as a requirement to achieve bronze
2) Wholemeal flour and Real Bread: Removal of the requirement for bread products in freshly prepared dishes to contain 5% wholemeal flour, and the addition of points at silver and gold for the use of Real Bread.
3) Cook-freeze or steam-cook meals: whether or not to broaden out the Catering Mark standards to include meals cooked or stored using these methods.
Full details of each of these consultations are on our standards webpages. Anyone with an interest in the Catering Mark, or the areas these consultations relate to, is encouraged to respond using the surveys on our webpages.
- The bread and free range eggs consultations are open until 5pm on Tuesday 15th January 2013. Each of them should take only a few minutes to complete.
- The cook-freeze/steam-cook consultation is open until 5pm on Monday 18th February 2013. It will take around 30 minutes to complete.
Please have your say – all consultation responses will be taken into account by the Catering Mark Standards Committee, when they are considering whether or not to make any changes to the standards. The best way to have your say is by using the surveys which are embedded into the relevant webpages for each of the consultations.
If you would like any further information, please contact Jenny Collins, Standards Project Manager on email@example.com or 0117 314 5178.