The Soil Association, in partnership with the Mid Wales Food and Land Trust, is establishing farmers' markets in school playgrounds.
Clunbury Primary School farmers' market
Hear all about Clunbury Primary School farmers' market in Shropshire...
In the Shropshire Hills Leader Area we have worked with the following schools to set up school farmers’ markets:
- Brockton Primary School
- Bucknell Primary School
- St Georges Primary Clun
- Clunbury Primary School
- Bishops Castle Primary School
- Corvdale Cof E Primary School
- Church Preen Primary School
- Lydbury North C of E Primary
- Cleobury Mortimer Primary
- Bishop Hooper Primary School
- Ludlow Infants
- Ludlow Juniors
- Chirbury C of E Primary School
- Longdon Primary School
- Rushbury C of E Primary School
- Hope C of E Primary School
- Stiperstones Primary School
- Onny School
In the Northern Marches Leader Area we have worked with the following schools to set up school farmers’ markets:
- St John the Baptist - Ruyton XI Towns
- Kinnerley Primary School
- The Meadows CP Oswestry
- Cheswardine Primary School
- Whittington Primary School
- Welshampton Primary School
- Whitchurch C of E Infant Sch
- Weston Rhyn Primary
- St Peters Wem
- Morda, Oswestry
This intiative is a partnership between the Soil Association and the Mid Wales Food and Land Trust. The Soil Association was instrumental in bringing farmers' markets to the UK in 1998 and the Mid Wales Food and Land Trust set up their first school farmers' market in 2005. Together we hope to build on this experience and create a whole new way to enjoy local food.
If you need any further information, please contact Rupert Aker on 0117 914 2422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is part financed by the European Agricultural Fund for European Development 2007-13: Europe investing in rural areas.