Restaurants, cafés and pubs
It’s time to take a good look at the food you offer to children and the service you provide for families.
Our investigation into 21 of the most popular high street chains has revealed that many are not making the grade – children’s menus are lacking in variety and imagination and children’s needs are not always being considered. How do you compare?
Along with parents, we’re calling on you to take seven simple steps towards offering real food and choices to children. It's time for change.
We want every restaurant, café and pub who serves food to children to:
- Make water freely available and remove sugary drinks from the menu
- Provide children’s cutlery as standard
- Serve freshly prepared food, not ready meals
- Serve a portion of veg with every meal and fruit-based puddings
- Use quality ingredients such as free range and organic
- Let children choose from the main menu
- Make breast feeding mums feel welcome
A few changes could make all the difference. Read our campaign methodology [link] to find out what is expected of any establishment serving food to children, and check out how you compare.
Be the best
We will be showcasing leading restaurants, pubs and cafés and those that are making improvements later this year. Get in touch and let us know what you are doing at OutToLunch@soilassociation.org or by using the hashtag #OutToLunchUK.