What do the GOTS standards cover?
The whole supply chain from field through manufacture to final product must be certified, AND certification bodies check against environmental and social standards throughout processing. The GOTS standard covers the following areas:
1. Fibre content requirements
2. Accessories and additional materials permitted
3. Labelling requirements
4. Restrictions and requirements for chemical inputs
5. Meeting minimum social criteria
6. Separation and identification of organic product
7. Environmental policy
8. Basic quality requirements
Download the standards here.