Future Growers Summer Field Trip
16 August 2013 18:00 - 18 August 2013 17:00
Our Future Growers Field Trip will be visiting some of the pioneers of organic horticulture in West Wales, from 16-18 August. We will also be holding a informal networking evening where potential future growers can meet existing organic growers to learn more about their needs and perhaps talk about opportunities for setting up a placement in the coming year.
Friday 16 August
- 6.00pm - Pick up from Temple Meads train station, Bristol
- 9.00pm - Arrive Troed y Rhiw Farm. Dinner and campfire.
Saturday 17 August
- Morning - Nathan Richards of Troed y Rhiw, farm walk and talk: Setting up a new organic growing business
- Afternoon - Blaencamel Farm, farm walk
- Evening - Arrive Bwlchwernen Fawr, barbeque, talk and discussion with Patrick Holden. Opportunity to meet other organic growers.
Sunday 18 August
- Morning - Bwlchwernen Fawr farm walk
- Afternoon - lunch and travel back to Bristol
- 5.00pm - Arrive back in Bristol at Temple Meads station.
New trainees and apprentices:
We would like to invite potential future growers to join us for the whole weekend. You will have the opportunity to meet and talk to existing trainees and apprentices, visit beacon farms and learn from some of the most highly respected organic growers in the sector.
The cost for the weekend is £188 inc VAT.
This includes travel to and from Bristol, all meals and camping (BYO tent). If you would like to use your own transport the cost is £155 plus VAT. Please email email@example.com to register your interest. We have limited places and will let you know by 29 July if there is a place for you. You will then have to pay by cheque.
Existing organic growers and potential host farms:
We are inviting organic growers to come and meet current and potential trainees and apprentices at the barbeque at Bwlchwernen Farm from 7.00pm on 17 August 2013. Join us, and you might meet your next trainee grower!
To either book for the whole weekend or the barbeque on Saturday please email Rachel Harries firstname.lastname@example.org with your details. Please make sure you include:
- Name and phone number
- If you are a grower/potential host farm
- if you are wanting to join the scheme as a trainee or apprentice
- Any dietary preferences
Read more about the Future Growers scheme here.