We grow a range of vegetables on 3.5 Acres comprising of field and glasshouses. We also have a packing shed and Caravan on site. We focus on growing high value intensive vegetables from mixed salads to specialized Squash and Pumpkin varieties.
Whilst we are not yet Organically certified all our inputs are Organically certified and we are of course entirely chemical free. We constantly work towards Socially, environmentally, and economically viable farming and business practices.
What we offer in return for your work and commitment:
Farming experience - working on a City based commercial farming business.
Farm Learning - we will do our best to answer all your farming and farm business based questions, whilst working with us, if we can’t answer them we will signpost you to resources, farms and farm networks that we have found useful. We aim to support your particular learning expectations and needs during your six-month farm volunteering process.
Farm tasks covered:
• Soil and bed preparation
• Seed sowing and propagation
• Pest and disease ID and management
• Soil Structure and fertility management
• Harvesting techniques and logistics
• Packing and distribution
• Contribution to travel costs
• Shared lunch
• Spare farm produce as available
How to Apply:
If you would like to run through any questions before applying please call 07415 118649 on Mondays (between 12-4 pm only). Successful applicants will be invited for a tour of the farm and an informal 30-minute interview.
We require that Farm Volunteer applicants have a proven interest in commercial or Urban Agriculture (either practical or academic) and at least 6 months experience in any one of the following areas:
• Previous Farm volunteering or employment experience
• Small business experience (not necessarily food and farming based)
• Grow to Sell Community food growing experience
Calabaza Address and travel directions:
27 and 40
Little Woodcote Estate
Nearest Train Stations: Wallington and Carlshalton Beeches
• Cycling from Wallington - Approximate journey time 10 minutes
• Walking from Wallington - Approximate journey time 20 minutes
• Cycling from Carlshalton Beeches - Approximate journey time 15 minutes
• Walking from Carlshalton Beeches - Approximate journey time 30 minutes