High Weald Dairy
For its Sussex Slipcote cheese
The name ‘Slipcote’ is an old English word meaning little (slip) piece of cottage (cote) cheese. Our judges praised the "delicate, lovely flavour" of this artesan cheese, picking out its aroma and commenting that it was "very fresh".
For more details see High Weald's website. And if you want inspiration for how to enjoy this cheese, why not try High Weald Dairy's Sussex Slipcote Bonbon recipe?
Runners up in the cheese category
- Highly Commended - Bath Soft Cheese for its Bath Soft Cheese
- Highly Commended - Caws Cenarth Cheese for its Cenarth Caerffili
- Highly Commended and Commended by Consumers - Holden Farm Dairy for its Hafod Cheese
- Highly Commended - Langage Farm Dairy Products for its Holy Cow Organic Natural Cottage Cheese
- Highly Commended - Sayers Farms for its Holy Cow Mature Organic Cheddar
- Highly Commended - Stichelton Dairy for its Stichelton
- Highly Commended and Commended by Consumers - Waitrose for its Duchy from Waitrose Cropwell Bishop Blue Stilton
- Commended and Commended by Consumers - Castelli UK Ltd for its Tesco Organic Parmigiano Reggiano
- Commended - High Weald Dairy for its Duddleswell cheese
- Commended and Commended by Consumers - Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd for its SO organic Mature Cheddar
- Commended and Commended by Consumers - Waitrose for its Duchy from Waitrose Organic Red Leicester