Seen a job with us that you like? Now's the time to brush up your CV and get creative with your cover letter. To help we've explained what we expect from a good cover letter, and then below we've outlined what you can expect from the rest of the process.
This is your chance to tell us how great you are. Please tell us:
- Why you want to work with us
- Why you want to work in the specific role
- Why you would be right for the role
- One example of how you took the initiative and made something happen. This could be either in or out of work. And do keep it brief
- What are you passionate about?
Once you're done, attach your CV and tailored cover letter to the vacancy of your choice in our vacancies section.
We welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
What happens next
We will acknowledge the safe arrival of your CV and cover letter. We will aim to get back to you within 3 weeks of the closing date.
If we love the sound of you then we will call you to come in and meet us. We try and give you a week's notice but occasionally it's sooner than that, so be prepared.
Interviews - what to expect
We want to find out more about you and what makes you tick. Read the job description then make a list of your strengths, skills and experiences so you can tell us how they match the vacancy. You may also be set an exercise relating to the skills we’re looking for. If you are going for a PA or admin role we may ask you to show off your organisation skills or, if it’s public speaking we need, we may ask you to give us a presentation.
We’d love to know about
- Your career history to date and why you have made particular choices within your career
- What you know about the Soil Association and what we do
- Why you think that you are the right person for the role
- Examples of when you have demonstrated that you have used your initiative
- Examples of how your skills and experience will enable you to be successful in the role
- Your problem solving ability
- What motivates you
- Your future career goals.
- Do your research. Study our website to see all the amazing things we do
- Notice the differences between our charity and our not-for-profit certification company
- Have another look at the job description to familiarise yourself with it
- Think ahead - about the type of questions we may ask and how you will reply
- Bring a copy of your CV and cover letter with you
- Our dress code is smart casual
- We may ask you some challenging questions but we won’t ask you trick ones. We like people to do well at our interviews so relax and don't forget to smile.
Sometimes we are spoilt for choice and have to make really tough decisions between equally fantastic people. Be prepared for a second interview.