This new and fully updated and revised edition of Improved Grassland Management covers all aspects of grassland management and is of particular relevance to the UK and the Republic of Ireland, although the principles discussed apply to all temperate grassland zones.
This book covers:
- The breeding and evaluation of new varieties of grass to meet current needs
- Examines new technology in establishing swards
- Discusses fertilising and manuring practices and the underpinning science
- Considers legislative constraints, background science and practice in determining forage quality and the utilisation of forage either for grazing or silage
- Individual chapters cover feed budgeting, grassland biodiversity, grassland and climate change, and transferring knowledge and technology
- Includes a wide - ranging list of sources and references, which provides the reader with further detailed information