Soil Association Scotland
Soil Association Scotland is the Scottish office of the Soil Association, the UK's leading membership charity campaigning for healthy, humane and sustainable food, farming and land use.
The Soil Association was founded in 1946 by a group of farmers, scientists and nutritionists who observed a direct connection between farming practice and plant, animal, human and environmental health. Soil Association Scotland was set up in 2002 to bring Soil Association expertise closer to producers, consumers and policy makers in Scotland.
Soil Association Limited is registered in Scotland (charity number SC039168).
Programmes of work
- Future Proofing Scotland's Farming aims to prepare agricultural businesses for the impacts, opportunities and risks that both climate and economic change bring
- Food for Life aims to transform food culture throughout Scotland by supporting the production and enjoyment of good food that is healthy, sustainable and accessible to all.
- Crofting Connections aims to inspire young people aged 5-16 living in communities throughout the Highlands & Islands about crofting past, present and future.
The Scotland team comprises:
- Laura Stewart, Director of Soil Association Scotland
- Lillian Kelly, Development Manager
- Lyn White, Agricultural Development Manager
- Colleen McCulloch, Agricultural Development Manager
- Pam Rodway, Crofting Connections Project Coordinator
- Angela Mitchell, Food for Life Scotland Manager
- Elsie Downham, Food for Life Catering Mark Account Manager
- Joe Hind, Food for Life Scotland Supply Chain Manager
- Meg Rowley, Food for Life Scotland Communications and Marketing Manager
- Kirsten Leask, Food for Life Scotland Education & Engagement Co-ordinator
- Alison Muirhead, Business Development Manager
- Brid McKibben, Cairngorms Food for Life Development Officer
- Erika Martin, Office Manager
- Jane Dingwall, Project Officer
- Francesco Benvenuti, Project Officer
Dennis Overton represents Scotland on the Soil Association Council.
How to find us
Soil Association Scotland is moving
From Monday 22 September our new address will be:
Soil Association Scotland, 3rd Floor, Osborne House, Osborne Terrace, Edinburgh EH12 5HG
The office telephone number will remain the same - 0131 666 2474 - and calls to this number will be redirected to a mobile number between Friday 19 and Thursday 25 September.
If you wish to contact a member of the Soil Association Scotland team directly during this time, please use the details below:
- Licensee enquiries: Lyn White, Agricultural Development Manager M: 07899 791748
- Press and media enquiries: Meg Rowley (Mon-Wed) and Lauren Szylarski M: 0782 463 5816
- Business development: Alison Muirhead, Business Development Manager M: 07557 127610
- Food for Life and and general enquries: Angela Mitchell M: 07917 671869